Friday, May 30, 2008

Big Weekend

Hey everyone I hope your weekend was as fun as the Kidd's. This weekend we had what was to start the parents and Pastor Ron over, but that turned in to 20 more people coming over for a cook out at our place. I must say that even with the gigantic number of people, it was nice to have the space to have them over.As you can see below, we grilled, baked and, eat out in the back yard. With baby full and moms and dads ready for a nap we all said our good-byes and called it a night. With the holiday being here that means it is time for the pool to be opened which , is where the Mercers and we went. Now I dont consider myself to be a baby, but dude was the pool almost freezing!!!!!!!! I myself have a pretty good amount of pudgy on me and I was COLD!!!! So we didnt stay in long, then headed back and watched Juno and had ice cream.(right I know) Other than that not much else has gone on around here, im not going to be able to run in our 1st 5k this year. As I continue to run here at home I just cant justify taking the risk of my ankle. It is better, but is only 70% or so. Im going to still lightly train and hope top do the next one in 20 days. The weight loss is slow, after realizing that my 2 biggest problems are portion control and laziness I have really taken to heart trying to not let them master me any more. After talking with my Doctor he brought to my attention the need to do "preventive maintenance". I must say as dumb as that sounded it really made sense to me, shock here, im not getting younger in life. The thing I use to be able to do, or the crap I use to eat isnt lost at the same rate it ounce was. so why put in a ton of crap when I can only get rid of a half a ton, the math doesn't lie. On top of that it is not like I do not have a stressful job, and I new that going in to it that is no excuse. The number one killer in fire fighter deaths on and off, yes off the job is Cardiac Arrest, so you better believe that I am going to do all I can to assure as much as in my hands that I am going to be around for my grand kids, and retirement, all by a little preventative maintenance. My goal is to take my Body Mass Index from a 33 to a 25, and my weight down from 243 to 185ish. I know i am shooting for the sky, but I know I can do it. I have great friends and family that are always here for me. Wish me well and I will take all the prayers in the world to help out as well, thanks in advance. see ya

No comments: