Tuesday, October 21, 2008

1 year down and 90 more to go.

So as i sit here jam'n to John Williams(if you can do that) I can not help but think about this last year. Last week Kadee and I went to see the new movie Fireproof, we recommend it to everyone to go see. It made me think of how grateful I am of all the Godly people in our lives who have helped us in our first year of marriage. We knew going into it that it would be hard and that the devil would do everything in his power to destroy what and who we are. Marriage is a hard thing and this has made me think about when and why it became easier to just get a divorce rather than trying to make it work. Now I do understand that not everyone in the world is a child of God and, follows his commands. But I'm not thinking about our lost friends, I was thinking about all the Christians that are joining the D-train. I know that there is always the adultery clause but how many times is that not the case? I guess my second big question is why have we let society influence us into going along with the fact that multiple Holidays with multiple families is not only ok, but the normal thing to do. Are we really that passive as to think,"if its broke don't fix it but, rather go get a new one." I must say that I did come from a split home, do I think things would have been different if I had had a dad probably, but I wouldn't have changed a thing. I had an amazing Mom with a strong relationship with God who Beat the Bible in me and made me go to church, where I meet some great godly men. Kadee and I have one year and 8 days of marriage and with all we have been through I couldn't imagine taking the easy road out. Why would I ant to wake up next to some other person, or share my life with someone other that her. I married her till death do us part(just to let you all know she took out a life ins. policy on me). We have 90 more years of marriage to make it through, and I'm sure we are going to have bumps in the road. Who dosent, and how lame would life be if their wasnt. I guess my only thought is that its time to hold our bros, and sis's to what God teaches us. Pastor Bob preached a sermon to us about our goals for the year at Cedar Street Church and, guess what the first goal was; you guessed it," a NO Divorce year of the families of our church". What an amazing goal to have, so why don't we make that a goal of the body of Christ. I know Kadee and I have taken this goal to heart and we are going to make sure that we don't become a statistic for the world to use against the church. Below is a recap I did for some of my friends and family who didn't make it to our wedding, feel free to go thought and if you have comment leave it we would love to hear from you.

No comments: